Profile picture for jeremywk

In Mass do you have to disclose if the home is modular? Is stick const or modular better for resale?

I am thinking about replacing my 970sq old ranch with a 2 story modular home. The question I have is that the cost for going up and modular are roughly the same via estimates and will vary but the big question is resale value.  Do I have to disclose that it was a modular home in Massachusetts? Does it matter when it comes to reselling the home?

• September 02 2012 - Holden
  • 0

"Latent Defects" are required to be disclosed.

Modular is certainly not a defect.  So, it doesn't need to be disclosed
.  

However, you should point it out, becausee they are better built than stick built homes.  Google a few you tube videos about modular construction (I have built many myself).  I would show the buyers the videos and present it as a benefit!!

You always have to disclose the type of home you are selling, and there are still some folks that prefer stick build to modulars, so is life!