Profile picture for tony j velazquez

Incorrect Credit Counseling Program Notes on Two Accounts

The closed account is incorrectly showing it was part of a financial counseling program.  I am being told by Navy Federal Credit Union they cannot change it..it was paid satisfactory, never was part of any program.  My mortgage company, roundpoint mortgage, is telling me that I have to get the notes removed.  It is holding up my whole loan.  I also have an open credit card that shows this as well and I did get that fixed, but it is taking forever...why would either hold up an entire mortgage?  My house has 30-40k in equity on top of my refinance.  110k loan, appraisal 150k.  Everyone I have spoken to says that it doesnt make any sense.
  • October 08 2013 - US
  • 0

If you have cancelled checks to Navy Federal on that account call and ask for a Supervisor. Tell them you need a letter on their letterhead stating the "notes" that read xxxxx were reported in error and are to be removed. The letter has to have a name and phone number for the signing Supervisor so the company used for the TriMerge report can confirm. Once confirmed that verbiage will be removed on a supplemental report, shouldn't take more than a couple hours once you receive and forward the letter.