Profile picture for gamma_raj

Incorrect home value due to address confusion with an empty lot

Zillow incorrectly matched my home address with an empty lot. This is causing my home value to take a dive. My neighbor's house is exactly same as my home design and my home has many upgrades but my home is valued at 406K compared my neighbor's home at 607K (that's more than 200K difference) because of this confusion with an empty lot with the same address as my home. Please help.
  • January 24 2011 - Columbia
  • 0

Zillow is a great tool but has its flaws. I am a fan of the site because it provides a good data point...but....It is a purely mathematical process.  Anyone serious about buying or selling will notice the failures of the comparisons. In terms of marketing your home and negotiation? I would select your own comparable homes or have an agent supply them for you.

don't worry about it - zillow is an information site - an appraiser is never going to rely on zillow for your home's fair market value.

Profile picture for gamma_raj
Thank you both! I wish Zillow fixes these sort of issues (even if its just information site). They don't have a phone number to contact them, so I don't know if there is way to talk to them.