Profile picture for 02jackie62

Incorrect listing info

Who is responsible for incorrect info on a property?  I purchased a home which listed city connected for sewer.  Appraisal, home inspector and all documents say city sewer.  Well, I just found out I have a SEPTIC.  Isn't it supposed to be correctly presented.  Wondering where I go from here.
  • April 06 2010 - Everett
  • 0

Profile picture for nwhome.us
It sounds as though you purchased without the help of a real estate agent or attorney.
An agent would have been certain to make you aware of the form 17, which discloses the sewer situation, and the form 22S that requires that the septic system be cleaned and inspected before the property changes hands.
If everyone missed the septic system (listing agent, selling agent, Snohomish County & home inspector) then you would have to prove that the seller lied (committed fraud) to conceal the system. An attorney would have to see if that is a reasonable path to follow.
Where to go from here?
I can give you some attorney referrals if you'd like.  You'd have to contact me through my profile.

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
Wasn't there a seller's disclosure? It is baffling that all of those people missed it, especially the inspector! Most of the time, a buyer signs a document(s) that absolves the "professionals" from errors and omissions. You will probably have to contact a RE attorney.