IndyMac is a debt collector for One West Bank how do I find someone in authority at One West Bank?

• November 13 2012 - US
  • 0

If you were able to complete a Loan Mod, typically, they require "certified" funds ie a Cashier's check, money order from the postal office, etc for your mortgage payments.  They are not very flexible on this requirement from what I've seen.

Servicer being inefficient?  No way? *sarcasm* It is like the "wild, wild, west" in those departments, and those guys are severely understaffed...unfortunately you cannot go over the servicer's head, and you have to just ask to speak to managers, and request escalations...eventually...you will get a hold of somebody that 1. Cares, and 2. Is able to do something for you.

I have spent HOURS on the phone for my short sale files too.  I used to not do them simply because of how terrible the experience was, but with such an inventory shortage...well, I do my duty (100% close rate so far on Short Sale Listings I have taken) and help provide sellers with some closure--and buyers with more opportunities to buy.

So trust me when I say that you just need to be persistent...ask for managers and for your case to be escalated (use this term).

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck

Stuart I am the homeowner and have had no luck in my emails to the ever changing contact person personally handling my account. I can't even log into my account and I have had no written correspondence from IndyMac in a few months. My point is that if the paper is owned by OneWest and IndyMac is their representative shouldn't I be able to go past IndyMac to someone in authority at OneWest? I am in a holding pattern and not comfortable in IndyMac's inefficiency. I would like to get some status about my property so I can decide to be proactive toward their debt collectors malfeasance or defensive waiting for IndyMac to send notarized papers and pass those on to my attorney. They are idiots and have severely affected my credit scores in reporting that I have not paid my mortgage on time for 10 months. Suffice to say that I have transferred about 15 payments thru my bank to IndyMac but they have returned each one saying they cannot accept personal checks or something to that extent even though my bank has verified and written the check to IndyMac. God help anyone who has fallen into the pit in having to try to deal with IndyMac. 

What are you trying to do?  Loan mod, short sale, etc?  Are you a homeowner, or an Agent?  If an agent then you should contact the Short Sale department and ask them to "escalate" your file...and eventually after doing that a few times you will have a direct contact # that can help you with your file.  If you are a homeowner you need to call their resources department and do the same thing...keep asking for your file to be escalated until it is, and eventually, you will get a direct # to someone that can help.

Down either path, of course, that direct # can (and probably will) change as files tend to be constantly re-assigned to other people...at least in my experience. 

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck