Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

Infant's body parts found in puppy's stomach

How awful!

TULSA — An infant who was killed by his family's 3-month-old Labrador was still lying in an infant swing when the puppy apparently ripped out a portion the child's abdomen, according to a search warrant affidavit filed Wednesday. 

Police have recovered what they believe to be body parts from the dog's stomach, the affidavit said. In the new report filed Wednesday, the baby's grandmother, Holly Earles, told police that she had gotten up to check on Zane about 9 a.m. and that the baby was sitting in his swing and "seemed to be OK," so she went back to her bedroom to sleep.

Holly Earles said she woke up again about 10:15 and went in to the dining room and began screaming when she saw the baby's injuries and saw the puppy nearby, the report said.

The grandmother's screams woke up the child's mother, who picked up her son and carried him to Holly Earles' bed, while the grandmother called 911.

Emergency responders pronounced the baby dead at the scene, noting that a large portion of his lower abdomen and left thigh were missing. The puppy appeared to have dried blood on his fur and was taken to the animal shelter, where he was euthanized for investigative purposes.

August 07 2008 - US

Profile picture for mckylie

And you think cats are evil??????

This is not about the dog...its about a baby not being watched properly. You NEVER leave your children and your pets unattended CAT or DOG. I can't imagine thinking its okay to leave a child in a swing in the opposite end of the house with a dog loose. That dog didnt know what it was doing. Cats have been known to sufacate babies attracted by the smell of milk on their breath. Its where the old wives tale about cats stealing your soul comes from.

Profile picture for mckylie

I was just giving BLTN a hard time!!!!!  He-he!  I agree tough - parents need to keep an eye on their infants no matter what!!!

OMG this is tragic.

Stupid parents/grandparent.

Profile picture for aapostrophe

looks like the police and medical examiner are examining the mother's drug/alchohol levels

because it's suspicious why she wouldn't have heard the baby's screams from the attack.  the grandmother didn't hear either!  that seems pretty suspect and full of neglect charges.

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

I agree. aapostrophe.  It is horribile.  There was a baby a while back that's mom and dad had been up on meth for several days, and when they finally crashed, the 4 month old was in a walker and it moved on top of the floor heater and burned to death.  The parents didn't hear it why?  They were basically unconcious due to their drugs. 

The mother was 17 I think it said?  OK stupid kid makes stupid mistake?  But the grandmother new what was going on and was OK with it too?  WTF?  This baby is asleep in Jesus's arms right now, and that is a much better place to be than growing up with an irresponsbile family like that.

Profile picture for mckylie

One that I remember from a long time ago is a Mother who went gambling and left the kid in the hot car for hours outside of the Casino.  Of course the poor kid died.  And you know what the STUPID Mom did?  Tried suing the Casino for being addictive!!!!!!!!  No responsibility for her actions what so ever.  So sad!

Profile picture for pinksandbaby

Oh lord.... our dog is a saint w/ the kids, but she does not get left alone w/ them.  Especially as babies.  Our vet (who is awesome) has the sweetest golden retriever ever, and he also said, "as sweet as she is, they still should not be trusted alone w/ a baby"  I never forgot that.

My dog is great with the kids too...but he plays with them and his play can become rough because he does not understand. If I wasnt there they would probably get bitten, not attacked but nipped painfully. That puppy is just a puppy it didnt know what it was doing. If it had been a rabbit or a bird people wouldnt be so horrified, however to that puppy it was the same thing.

I don't even let my 8 year old nephew play alone with Fao.  Don't get me wrong, they are great together, and just love to play.  But a dog is a dog.  It's not a human.  Nothing has ever happened, but you hear stories like this, and it reminds you that you don't take these things lightly.

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

mckylie:  That happened at a casino near my job, a lady left her kid in the car, and someone called security.  It was the middle of the night, like a 5 year old, and she didn't die but the mother should have.  I was so pissed when I heard of that.  How can you leave your child in a burning up hot car????!!!! Don't you know when you get in your car that has been sitting for 30 minutes at the grocery store that it is miserable hot and it sucks!  What would happen if you got in the car and didn't roll the windows down, or turn the AC on??? You'd be so hot you'd get sick, maybe pass out! And you'll leave your innocent little child there?

And what happens when a psychopath on a mission sees an unattended child? And breaks out a window and steals them?!? DUMBASS!  This is one thing I can't tolerate.  I don't like making my little guy get in the car when I haven't got it cooled down.  I feel guilty.  It goes from 90-120 degrees in no time.  I will call the police in a half second if I see a child left in a car. I don't care.  I'll break your damn windshield out to get to the baby.  Fuc|<ing sue me! 

Wow that makes me so mad, I think just typing that made my blood pressure double.

If I saw a baby in car, I would take the baby and hide in my A/C car and sit and wait until mama comes back.  See what happens.  What? You're mad at me? I saved your child's life.  OK Now I need a cigarette.

What the hell was the mother doing asleep in another room, who leaves their 3 month old alone in a swing while you nap?

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

Exactly.  Unless they're asleep in their CRIB! With no dog around. I don't think I actually got a deep sound sleep until my son was 2.  And sometimes I still don't.  I hardly left his side, because every noise would have me running to check if he'd stopped breathing or had spit up or needed his diaper changed LOL.  I can't imagine doing that when he's just 3 months.

Profile picture for mckylie

Tammy, I was wondering the same thing?

BLTN - I know - I get very angry when I hear about people leaving their kids in their cars like that.  First of all - even if it's for a couple of minutes - someone could kidnap them - there are so many crazies out there!  Second - for hours?  It happens a lot her in Phoenix (atleast a couple of times a year) and the children die because of the heat!  And the worst part about it is that the stupid B have the nerve to try to sue the casino!!!!

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

It makes me want to lock them in an oven (the parents) and when they can't take it anymore, make them stay longer.  Wait until they're out of it and have a doc nearby to bring them back and then figure out how it feels. I'm evil when it comes to that stuff.  Except my luck, I'd kill them and end up in prison.

I can't imagaine doing that to a baby, my parents didn't do it to me, and I can't do it to mine.

My youngest ones both co slept. I didnt know about the 3 sided crib you could attach to your bed with Ava, but I had one with Caroline. Loved it.

Profile picture for mckylie

I really didn't want to do that Carrie but ended up doing it with my youngest.  She was a horrible sleeper and would only sleep an hour to an hour and a half at a time.  She would eat then fall right back to sleep.  So, I was so exhausted that I just started sleeping with her in the guest bed.  I would lay on my side and hook her up on on breast to eat and fall asleep.  Then when she woke up an hour later we would flip over and hook her up to the other side!  TMI!

LMAO - It sucked with the first one because she would not sleep either. The second was a great sleeper and the transition into the crib was no big deal. When they are so little its hard to not have them in the same room with you. And Mckylie TMI but I know what you mean!

Profile picture for mckylie

Neither of my daughters were good sleepers!  The first one would sleep for 3-4 hours.  But once she was up - she was up and it would take hours to get her back to sleep.  She would fall asleep on me sometimes but the second I laid her down - WAHHHH!!!!!!  I watched a lot of late night TV crap then!   But thank goodness she would take to nice naps during the day 2-3 hours each.  The second one was the opposite.  Would fall back asleep very easily but as I said wouldn't sleep longer than one to one and a half hours at a time.  And this kid did not nap!  Maybe once a day she would take a short cat nap - 20 minutes at the most.  Just long enough for exhausted Mommy to lay down and get comfortable and then WAH!!!!!!  That is why we stopped at two kids!!!!!

Profile picture for pinksandbaby

I was the same way mckylie.  They stayed w/ the boob til they were done w/ it.  IE, once they gor teeth... Momma don't play dat lol

My son is 2.5 and I STILL hear every peep. I don't even take Tylenol PM to sleep cuz I am worried I won't hear him!

Profile picture for mckylie

I am a very light sleeper too Tammy and hear every peep from them too! 

Profile picture for mckylie

Mine are 6 and 11!

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

That is a good thing though Tammy.  :)  Mine slept in a basinette next to my bed where I could sleep with my hand on him, until he was 6 months old.  Then he slept in a crib in our room about 2 feet away from me. 

Profile picture for TWB
  • TWB
  • Contributions:1812

All of our dogs were very protective of children (part of the pack).  I think it's very suspicious all around.  I notice there's going to be some tests before they rule on the cause of death.  Don't be surprised if it turns out the child died from something else and the mom tried to make it look like the dog did it.

Profile picture for BJsDad

TWB, my thoughts exactly. 

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

Yeah, except if there are baby parts in the stomach?? I guess they could have fed it to the dog. That's a horrible thought though.  Even worse than them just being irresponsible.  Well, the local paper will keep covering the story and I'll try to keep you informed.

Profile picture for mpal.

ew, what a disgusting story

Profile picture for Valhakar

Sangria is just past the 3 month mark, a black lab and golden retriever mix.  I don't see how she could take a "chunk" of the abdomen off and some of the leg in a swing.  I also don't see a normal lab puppy doing that much agressive damage to a baby.  Puppies have play instincts, they nip your nose and then back off when you yelp.  It is wired in that way to allow them to learn pack behavior and social dominace without killing each other.

Something else is going on here.  I am crying for both the baby and the dog. 

And now for a pic from my back yard to try and wash that image away....

Profile picture for mina36
OK, given that this is a Lab... I really am very suspicious of this story. I think it's a human that did this and blamed it on the dog.

New Help Section
filter based on school rating
Latest reply by Pasadenan
1 day ago | 2 answers
Dunes Tavern & Conspiracy Center
Latest reply by Pasadenan
Delete My Account
My Zestimate is WRONG
Profile picture for lucphan1937
Latest reply by lucphan1937