Profile picture for nparker7

Information on 317 1st Ave South

This is currently for sale. This house was originally built in the '50s off Morella Ave in Martinez. In the early '80s it was moved to it's current location and sat on top of a concrete foundation. There's a 1 bed (illegal) inlaw downstairs as well as an 800 sq ft 2 car garage. The combined square footage of this place, the 3/2 upstairs and the 1/1 downstairs is around 2600 sq ft.

Like I said, the inlaw is illegal and it has to be brought up to code or you'll face a monthly fine by the county. They know about it and you'll meet Phil the local inspector shortly after moving in. I got 3 different estimates to fix it enough to bring it up to code and the cheapest is $58,000. These are fixes that will not improve the property value. This is just stuff like double-stack fireproof drywall and crap like that, as well as splitting the electrical, water, and installing heat for the 1/1 downstairs.

I know all of this because I had a bid in to buy it in 12/06 but the bank took their sweet time getting back to me and I was really able to do my homework and pull out of the deal before I got really burned.
  • Question refers to 317 1st Ave S, Pacheco, CA 94553
  • 0