Information on my SFD is actually a duplex. How can I correct the facts?

914-6 Sycamore Avenue, West Sacramento, CA  95691:
Both units have separate electric meters & new dual-pane windows facing the street.
914:  1-BD, 1BA, garage, & fenced back yard.
916:  2 BD, 1 BA, 2 off-street parking spots & fenced back yard.
Not for sale and no vacancies at this time.
  • February 12 2012 - West Sacramento
  • 0

Thank you, Marty:  How could a SFD be bisected by a garage (ground level concrete pad without the crawlspace under the living areas), with two distinct inset porches?  No interior doors join the units.

My mother owned the duplex many years before I inherited it.  Judy Rich, Assessment Office Specialist in the the Yolo County Recorder's Office, helped me clear up some parcel and property description problems when I transferred it into my trust.  She added this handwritten note to the Amendment copy of my mother's Trust:  "p.s.  And the property record does indicate there are two units."  APN 067-250-031 is the South 140' of Lot 71, Westacres Subdivision, filed in Book 3, Page 75 except the east 50'.

My City of West Sacramento water/sewer/refuse bills show "Service Address 914 Sycamore Ave. & 916."  What can I do now?

Hi Claudia,
    The county records show this property as one property with the address of 916 Sycamore and listed as a single family home.

Did you have a remodel done to create two seperate units or can you tell me when the change was made? Or, has it always been a duplex?

You will need to record the update with the county of Yolo to correct what is listed currently.