Insect infestations in homes for sale.

Are fire ants a deal breaker?  The house I'm bidding on is otherwise perfect for me, a retiree in charleston south carolina.  I didn't actually see fire ants inside the house, but rather outside in the back yard and crawling around the sidewalk in front.
  • October 06 2013 - McAllen
  • 0

If you have not found a lender yet, please contact me for a prequalification. With your credit score, you could qualify for an FHA Loan.

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
Some closing costs are predicated by the amount of the sale.  The best person to guide you with this is a lender.  Go to a local lender and get pre-qualifed for a loan.  They will be able to tell you based on the price home you can afford how much your closing costs are likely to be.

Thank you so much.  I have 668 credit, what's the most I should pay in interest rates?  This is my first house. I understand the difference between closing costs and upfront prepayments of escrow, so, what is the most I should pay for the closing fees, like attorney and title search and appraisal and origination fees?  Is 2700 too much?

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
Fire ants are common in the south.  I lived there for years.  No one gets upset about fire ants they just treat them.

You have two threads right now.  I answered you in more detail on the other one.

Profile picture for Neeraj Jassal
Anything that causes you discomfort would be a deal breaker.

If the house is otherwise perfect for you, why not consult with an exterminator prior to purchasing to determine how to get rid of the fire ants?  That way, you get to purchase your home tenant-free  ;)