Inspection a Must

Most homes in my neighborhood are built in the 1920's - 1960's but have been renovated/updated and are in mostly good conidtion.  The neighborhood has many rolling hills and over the years dirt moves and so may find uneven floors and possible cracks in walls.  So it is important not to judge a home by its appearance alone and get that inspection.
  • June 14 2010 - Morningside - Lenox Park
  • 0

I always recommend a home inspection.  If you suspect geological issues then recommend an inspection.  Do your research, especially if the property is in a special studies zone.

Profile picture for Open Home Mortgage
I agree completely. 
I grew up with my father in the costruction business, and have rehabbed many houses, so I thought I knew it all when I bought a new home. 
After inspection (my father is a licensed inspector in NJ, and was down in GA on a trip) he noticed many issues which I brought to the builder's attention, and he fixed--which may have caused me money and trouble in the future. 
Absolutely get a home inspection!  Make sure they are reputable, though, and not just trying to find EVERYTHING wrrong so that they get a few more inspection fees from you on other homes....
Grant