Instead of prozac let's hear happy success stories

This topic is about your victories, your good news. Something that happened that is positive. That hard deal that you were able to close or that loan that you kept instead of BofA trying to steal it from you.  I am so tired of the negative news and I am sure that the consumers are sick of it as well.  So, let's talk about the loan programs that are coming back or that client that was in a world of hurt that you were able to refi and how much they are saving.  Give yourself a pat on the back, I think we all might enjoy some positive news instead of watching bonds and listening to Bloomberg.

• May 14 2008 - US

I'll get back to you after we get our first reprice of the day... :)

I'd have to think about this for a while. Not much positivity in the past few months, that's for sure.

I've met some straight up people and have enjoyed "straightening out" a few more. We are in the beginning stages of cleaning up "Katrina", so it looks terrible out there with the bickering amongst us.  It kinda resembles New Orleans right after the storm...looters, crime, etc..  policing was an issue for sure.  That's where we are.. Not a government program or special pixie dust will change it.  We just need to put one brick back on top of the other and the new foundation will be built stronger than ever.  As far as patting,  I did it right before the disaster, during and after, so my stuff is boring.  No lifelines, ARMS, LEGS, NINAS, PINTAS, SANTA MARIAS, to boast about.  It's not all doom and gloom either, its just work.  This place has a great security force in place already.  May look like "COPS' on Sat night/FOX, but it is real and necessary.  LJ, you have seen a little less FHA'ness from others attempting to defraud the government and taxpayers from the "giftaeverythingandhikesalespricefraud" programs as they are getting run off too.  Those are the good things happening.. It doesn't fix overnight, but we are doing it one day at a time... Keep rockin' and keep it real.  Good stuff.

Thank you Martin (BTW that is my son's first name) I am not one that thinks FHA is the end all although I do think that it will help some people and I have a couple FHA purchases right now.  Until the lenders come back with some good programs (I don't mean Neg Ams) FHA can help that borrower with less than 20% down and owners in crappy adjustables and low equity. I am glad we have had a huge house cleaning where most of the rats have jumped ship because it takes work to get loans done.  It will level the field with quality professionals that know their craft.  The cream always rises to the top. We just need to keep a good attitude and ethic and have each others back.  Every Mortgage Broker, Loan Officer...etc reflects on each of us in the consumers eyes so each of us needs to hold our head up and realize the impact both good and bad we have on our clients lives. Ok I am off the pulpit for now, I need to get to work. Have a wonderful productive day all.