Profile picture for Daniel.B

Instructions for Phone Verification

Instructions for Phone Verification

If you have not manually posted a listing since we added phone verification, you'll be asked to verify your phone number. After you successfully verify your phone number, you will not be asked to verify upon your next listing posted.

The phone number verified is pulled from your business phone field (office) in your profile if you are an agent or property manager. As an owner, the number you input into your listing will be the number we verify.

Agents: If you have your brokerage main phone in your business phone (office) field number and there is an extension that needs to be reached, the phone verification will not work. This is because it's an automated system, and as soon as the digits are dialed and the call is answered, our system will begin to repeat the confirmation code. This means a live person needs to be ready to answer the phone. If you have a receptionist, he/she will need to be prepared to take note of the code right away. If an auto attendant answers, no one will hear the code.  The code is only valid for a short period and time and needs to be typed into the verify code field within a few minutes of being received.

·You can change your business phone section to your cell phone to get the verification code.

·If you do not want to do this, we can override this for you as a onetime verification so you will not be prompted to do this in the future. The number will be verified.

If you need a customer support person to post the listing for you please send us an email through our customer support form.

Please include your name, email address, full address of the listing, and the listing price.  We will post this for you, and email you a confirmation so you can add photos, a description and any other edits you need to do.

Thank you
  • July 19 2012 - US
  • 1

thank you!

Profile picture for Cheyenne Wilbur
Your automated system is not working.  I have tried 3 times now.  I get nothing on the cell phone.  Very frustrating.

Profile picture for dchasler
I have an unusual situation.  The property I'm listing is in Puerto Rico.  I am based in the U.S. but want the contact to be a family member in PR that is willing to show the home.  How can I do this?
DCH

Keeps telling me my phone number is invalid...very frustrating!

@the Cal Team:  the first phone number in your profile has an extension associated with it.  The first post of the thread describes the types of phone numbers that work with phone verification.

Thank you - now just need to figure out how to change my business phone number :)

Profile picture for ea1958
same problem
I emailed Daniel a couple of days ago.
Can someone say how long it is taking him to respond this week?
Thx!
e

Profile picture for ea1958
got it
thanx!

Profile picture for fatlou
I am having similar problems - not a realtor.  how do i fix?

Thank you!

I can't get the phone verification to work. Sent email to Daniel. If I refresh or close window, will I lose information already inputted for new listing?

Profile picture for scolona
the response button does not work. I have tried everything to get the code sent to me and now have my business contact information as my cell phone. It still shows a prompt saying it is an invalid number. Obviously the only time I can actually speak to someone at zillow is when they call to try to sell me something. Their customer support is via e-mail and the verification process is flawed at best.

phone verification not working for me either soooooooooo frustrating.

Phone verification never works, but Customer Service gave me this great answer.

" Dear Zillow.com User, Thank you for contacting us.

Our phone verification process works for every direct line. As long as your phone number has no extension, routing, automated service turned on, you should be able to pass through the verification process."

Do they live on another planet? Don't they read anything that's posted here???

Can some one help?

I have the same problem.  Cannot post an ad on Zillow, because I can't get the call back and the 4 digit code.  Any solutions?

I'm the home owner trying to do a FSBO.  The phone number system just says "There was a problem making your verification call..."  It's a perfect phone number with no extension.  What's up? 

OK, well, the phone call-back started working when I tried again a week later...  but the automated voice is really garbled, but I guessed right...

This should be fixed now. Please try again.

Unable to post listings for sale as well as verification process is not working. Emailed c/s. Still waiting as well http://www.newhomesverofl.com/custom-new-homes-vero-beach-FL-verona.htm.

Profile picture for Tatumjm
I'm trying to re-post a rental listing that I had deleted yesterday - we had a prospective tenant back out at the last moment.

I'm using the same phone number I used when I posted the ad the first time, and now I'm getting this error. 

Why would it accept the number on the original post, and not now?

Profile picture for Tatumjm
Well, I give up.  I just got an automated email from customer service saying my issue had been solved.

It wasn't.  Back to Craigslist, I guess.

Daniel,

I would like to receive a verification phone call with the code and I would be happy to enter it immediately.

Your verification system is not working, hello. I am not a business, have no extension on my phone number. Keep trying and nothing is happening. Your customer service email is only five days a week with business hours. Can't get any help after hours or on weekend.

You really should tell people that they have to get their phone numbers verified and the 4-digit code before they go to all the trouble entering their information about their rental property or sale property. It is quite irritating to have entered all the information and then you cannot complete the process.

I am sure that your advertisers aren't happy when their advertisements can't be seen, because you are not getting new postings.

This is very disappointed..... I have all information entered but CAN'T finish the process because I need a code! My Cell is US based and a direct line! I emailed your customer service but they work only regular business hours. What am I supposed to do with all my entered data?????????? How to save it until you resolve phone verification issues??? Why don't you start the process with verifying the property owner first instead of having people go through the process and lose their data at the end?? Very frustrated...........

I'm also having the same problem. I don't think their verification system works as they say it does. After I clicked on 'Call My Phone' it immediately returned an error. There's no way it could have dialed my phone within that time.

Somehow I think they're able to detect whether your phone is a traditional POTs/Centrex or an internet routed phone, which is what lots of businesses are using nowadays. If it's internet-routed they'll deny your request.

I checked my phone logs with my phone provider and sure enough, Zillow has not attempted to dial my number. There seems to be a phone number blacklist or whitelist that they're using.

Profile picture for carriedwall
I'm having the same problem, I have a us cell phone and a us home humber that I've used for 30 years and neither work with the verification code. i'm getting ready to list with www.mlssupport.com because I can't get listed on zillow.

I have the same problem. Poor customer service who transferred my request to another customer service. Tried entire week, but no response, couldn't get the code, couldn't post listing. Why does Zillow provide the service, but doesn't get it work? Look! How many people have the same stupid 'Call My Phone' issue. Very very frustrated!!! Are we talking to ghost!

Profile picture for xxcfdrr
5/7/2013, still can not list house for rent on your site as the phone verification does NOT work. I've tried 4 different phone numbers, 2 computers and different browsers. Sent an email to customer service with no response. PLEASE FIX THIS.

Profile picture for AdamRick
Same here.  This is really poor customer service by Zillow.

Profile picture for mcoronado06
Same here....can't post... button is not working.

I have a regular number... no extension.

Please help!!!

1. 1
  2. 2