Profile picture for jrtpapa

Interesting that sellers never complain when the Zestimate is too HIGH

My nonscientific observation is that 90% of the complaints about Zestimates occur when someone thinks it is too LOW. And so they start disputing the METHOD for its calculation. Zestimates, however, are just as often too HIGH as they are too LOW. If they were biased in general to one side or another, and this were confirmed by analysis, then anyone with half a brain cell would just tip the scale accordingly, so that AON AVERAGE they were neither high nor low.

March 30 2012 - US

Profile picture for jrtpapa
Same is true in science. If you like someone else's results, you don't delve deeply into their methods. You don't like their results, you search the ends of the earth for some fatal flaw in their methods. This is the epitome of bias.

Profile picture for jrtpapa
right wetdawgs. it's human nature.  you want to call me handsome, go right ahead. i have no problem with the person's ability to judge attractiveness. but then they go and call my sister unatttractive, and all of a sudden i claim they have no ability to judge attractiveness.

If someone calls me handsome, I don't complain - in fact, just the opposite.  If they call me ugly, I may find myself a bit defensive.   We never mind hearing good news.

You have an interesting viewpoint on Zillow's Zestimates.