Profile picture for DCLover

Investing in rental properties in Washington DC

I am interested in investing in rental properties in DC/MD/VA area, since I live in this neighborhood. In the news, I have heard a lot that Vegas/Florida could be a great place, but I am still not sure about doing the investment remotely ..

1. Which areas in DC/MD/VA would you recommend that are distressed and could be good place to get a rental property..
  2. My range is <200k , and I am open to condos too, but would like to avoid properties/areas where renting is not possible ...Thanks in advance.

• March 18 2012 - Washington
  • 0

If your search continues, check out [Website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]as a site to help with analysis, figuring out if it cash flows, ROE, etc.  It's helped with the two properties I bought

There are pockets in VA where you could potentially find a distressed property that could make an excellent rental. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further. I am a Realtor licensed in VA and an Investor as well.

Profile picture for buckmanrealtor
Hi, I help investors find rental properties in the DC Metro area. I would be happy to talk with you in more detail about what you are looking for and what your long range goals are. My email is: [deleted by Zillow moderator.]

Best Regards,
 Michelle Buckman
 Licensed in DC,MD,VA
WC&AN Miller (a Long & Co)
[contact information deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

Profile picture for DCLover
Thank you so much,

I have found Capital City properties firm in DC.

[website deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

Since I am new, I would appreciate if you can recommend or suggest more property management firms ..

Profile picture for Don Greenberg
My best advice would be to contact a property management firm in the area. They will have the best knowledge and experience with investment property. They will be able to tell you areas where they have had success and areas that they have found troublesome.