Profile picture for MontyVeera

Investment Property to Rent in Riverside, CA Area?

I'm new to investing into property though I have money invested in stocks, 401k and currently have a home in Eastvale.  I wanted to possibly purchase a home for under 150k where it would be possible to rent it out for passive income.  I figured I would start off with an area I'm familiar with so I was thinking of looking at properties around UCR.  How is the rental market in this area?  I do plan on doing this all completely with a Property Manager as this is something I do not wish to manage myself.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you again.

• April 01 2012 - Riverside
  • 0

right now is the best time to buy as an investor. you can buy a decent home for 150k . it may sound easy to be a lanldord, but with the california laws favoring tenants it would actually save you money to go with a landlord. i have been in property management/real estate since 1976 and i started out on my own. i made costly mistakes but it made me a better landlord and property manager. if i had a property manager from day 1 i probably would been better off . i can show you how it would actually save you time, money and aggravation by going thru a property management company like mine. feel free to email me for more information.
rick garcia
express property management services

Profile picture for MontyVeera

I understand.  I guess I would be open to other areas of investment if price point and rental income would be more beneficial ratio wise. In general I guess my concern is how strong the rental market is considering housing prices are so low. I realize that not everyone can afford to purchase a home but with homes being so low right now I'm just wondering if people are questioning to rent a home when they could just save for a home. Meaning just to stay in their apartment. Then again will that mean I should be investing in low income housing instead?  I'll definitely check out your website.

Hi Monty,

Glad to hear that you're think about investing in real estate.  You are getting in at a great time!

My first suggestion is not to get sedduced by areas that you're familiar with.  More often than not, those areas will not provide you with the greatest returns -- either cash flow and/or appreciation.

Visit our website to see what I mean.  You will find that you can buy up to three properties for the same $150k, get higher cap rates, and total returns than most areas in California at this time.

Feel free to call or email me for more information.

Marco Santarelli
Norada Real Estate Investments
.