Profile picture for jmanzoor

Investment property

I am planning to purchase a 2BR/1.5BA in Irvine. Please advise on areas with best school systems and rent-ability. This will be an investment property for now till we move down here in 3 years time frame.
Regards, Jehanzeb
  • April 25 2012 - Irvine

Profile picture for Parker Group
One of the greatest rentable areas, in terms of lowest vacancy rates, fastest appreciating rental rates, and popularity, is the airport area. There is a small triangle sandwiched between several corporate districts that are home to companies like Google and Conexant, and on another side several law office towers, the to the other side The University of CA Irvine. There are several condo buildings off of Jamboree and the 405 fwy that fit this criteria. These buildings units never seem to have an issue renting for top dollar. Also, the HOA is very reasonable and most of those buildings have no Mello Roos fees. How do I know this? Because I have assisted buyers investing in those towers and have also worked the lease market there extensively. One of the towers, Watermarke, is very popular. I would be happy to give you a tour of the buildings, introduce you to some of the tenants I have placed there, and show you the neighborhood amenities. The UCI farmers market on Sundays is a big hit there. You might be interested in taking advantage of my current buyers rebate program as well. My firm is offering a 10% buyer rebate. Call me for details. Good luck & successful investing!

Hello Jehanzeb,
Irvine has different neighborhoods, I have lived in Irvine for over three decades and Irvine has one of the best schools, we sent our kids to school in Irvine. I am Realtor in Irvine and will be glad to show you around or answer any questions you may have. Good Luck.

Profile picture for bluecoastrealty
Regarding the best school systems, all of Irvine falls within the Irvine School District, one of the best in the nation. In terms of individual schools, the best area depends on whether you are talking about high school, middle school, etc. However, the Irvine School District has published a list of which of their schools have received prestigious awards: http://iusd.org/schools/documents/DistinguishedSchoolsList.pdf Regarding rentability, in large part because of the highly rated school district, all of Irvine is very rentable. Properties around UCI can rent particularly well because of the student population. To the extent that you are looking at investment property, you should keep an eye for properties with relatively low homeowner association fees, which tend to erode investor returns. I hope this is helpful? Michael