Is Redfin on your radar?

Since I'm not a member of FMLS or MLS I use Redfin to look up listings. Does anyone else get much mileage out of Redfin?
  • September 06 2010 - Atlanta
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for bethghomes

I know a lot of my clients who use redfin to search properties & get information.  They have a very complete & user-friendly website.  It's much better than most.  However, when they are looking to purchase or sell the home they come to me over Redfin & the incentives they offer & I end up saving them just as much money &/or more than Redfin claims.  I think Redfin is here to stay, but they really are for do-it-yourself type people and I think a good real estate agent that knows how to advise/negotiate well is priceless because they can save you money, stress & other intangibles. 

Redfin is a company on the move. They are still relatively small but seem posied to grow alot. Yes, I use as well and keep it on my radar

Profile picture for Erick Rodriguez
Redfin ha. i like what i hear i'll into that thanks for the post

We do have Redfin here in San Diego County.  Our clients tell us that they like the ease in using the site to identify properties for sale.  Once found, they forward the information to us for showings and negotiations.  Clients have said that the MLS search we set up for them finds all the same properties and more.  However, some just like the ability to conduct an initial search on their own. 

Here is Mass we do not have Redfin we also have Zip that clients use. Their sites are user friendly and many of my clients come to me from there. They have a great webpage but their ability to hire knowledablge agents is questionable. I find that serious buyers are still looking to talk to an experienced professional.

Even in Seattle, where their headquarters are, they still have less than 3% of the market share. I suspect it's much less in other cities.

In Florida we do not have Redfin. I have been to their website and they have a great search site.   We have zip realty here and their home search is really good but they are not able to recruit the best agents and real estate is still very agent based.  Like Redfin many of my clients search zip's site and call or email the listings.  

Profile picture for DrewMeyers
In Seattle, I know some agents tell their clients to search for listings on Redfin and let them know when they have questions. Redfin does have a darn good search experience.

Here in Seattle, Redfin definitely has a presence. They're based here though, and I think this is one of their strongest markets.

I have never used this service. I really don't know much about the service. I use FMLS and MLS exclusively. I will rearch .

Thanks.

Rick Payne
Keller Williams Realty

Im starting to work with Realtors who use it a lot...I thought it was a fish restaurant...

Profile picture for soldwithtom
I have had a big uptick in new buyers saying they use(d) Redfin to look at listings in the same manner.

Profile picture for broker_GRI
RedFins entire business model has been on my "radar' for years