Profile picture for kimbersim3

Is any of the owners willing to do a rent to own ?

My credit is not so good.. But I Pay 600.00 for rent at the place Im at now for the past 5yrs. And Im tired of wasting my money..Is anyone wanting to do a rent to own.. Thank you Kimberly Simon
  • July 29 2009 - Lafayette
  • 0

Profile picture for Steven Moody
I do not see very many rent to own properties. They rarely work out and i do not advise my seller to go with that option. There are several types of loan that can help you even with a low score. 

In addition, there are programs that assist with those scores that are not so good. Give me a call, and I'll see if I can be of assistance. Plus, home ownership has huge tax advantages. And no, I am not an agent; I used to be a case manager, and I helped those in need. I had to educate myself on mortgage programs and the market to better myself. I look forward to helping a fellow person in need.
Trish
[phone removed by Zillow moderator]

I am FSBO in the Parks/ Breaux Bridge area. Although, I cannot do a rent to own, I do know a couple of companies who are willing to work their best to get a potential client a home of their own.  Contact me if you want more info. [hotlink removed by Zillow moderator]. (There is an underscore between sailor and trish) You can call me too [phone removed by Zillow moderator]
Sincerely,
Trish

Profile picture for kittenonkeys
I'm not in Lafayette, but here in Alexandria, we are seeing some remarks in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) indicating the sellers will consider a lease purchase.  However, there is a definite period after which the renter must be able to buy the house.  You have a worthy goal, and I would suggest that you speak with a lender who will take the time to develop a plan with you for improving your credit to the point you will be able to buy.  If you can improve it within a year, speak with a REALTOR who is willing to let you know if they see a possible lease purchase in the MLS remarks.

Good luck to you.