Is anyone charging for CMA's ?

Many people are using them to get a loan mods and have no intention on selling any time soon. With all the continued education required to keep your licence why not charge for it to help pay for course fees..
  • November 17 2011 - US
  • 0

It has been occurring all too frequently in my area. I am sorry, but I do not go into someone's job asking them for free things just because a lawyer said it is free.

People call in and need me to come out to their home - time/gas it all costs me- when I could be working on something that I know will pay off in the end.

They tell me they need this CMA for their lawyer for a divorce case so their spouse can buy them out,.....or to refi.... There is a zero chance of a listing in this case.

I do them 100% free when I know that a listing could be in the mix, however to go out and kill all that time, all that legwork for nothing?!... no. Not me.

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
@hpvanc - Will you clarify what credentials or quaility auditing systems would make Realtors as a whole more like professional service providers in your opinion? This is in no way confrontational. I am simply curious.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Help pay for what course Fees?

Profile picture for Blue Nile
When they charge, they usually are called BPO's instead (broker price opinion).

I don't charge for CMA's as I consider it part of the service I provide in my Real Estate business.

Profile picture for hpvanc
Without more legitimate credentials and some kind of quality audit process, I don't think consumers will be willing to pay for CMA's.  I agree that agents should be paid for legitimate professional services, however at this time as a group they don't have credentials or the will to upgrade their credentials as a group to be paid and treated like a professional service provider.  Many agents are very opposed to doing what it would take to make their occupation into what could be considered professional services.

Profile picture for hpvanc

I had an agent working for me that did most of her income from CMAs, mainly for attorneys for court cases, divorce and estate settlements and tax grievences. I agree if the person wants to sell we do it for free but with no intention to sell our time is money.

Many people are using them to get a loan mods

Doubt that....

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
It's part of the cost of doing business in my opinion.