Is anyone have success with drone photography?

Are you hiring someone or buying a drone and doing it yourself?  Is the juice worth the squeeze? 

• July 29 2014 - US
  • 0

If you are considering buying/using a drone for real estate purposes. I would giving this article a read to better inform yourself on some of the FAA regulations.

For more real estate news and information feel fee to visit the HMS Real Estate Blog

I used a drone to market a waterfront listing I had a few months ago and the results were fantastic! The reason primarily is because thanks to the drone I was able to take overhead pictures that showed where the home was situated along the boat canal. Lastly, it's a great way to stand out particularly on a luxury market where there's more competition.

I want to make sure you get the idea. The drone is but a supplement that can be a great way to stand out. You won't need it for every listing as it may not be necessary and it certainly won't be the deciding factor on a sale. You still will need traditional marketing and photography.

The juice is worth the squeeze if your listing can benefit from it. 

I'm using a drone and it has been good so far. It has created a few leads. I showed a home to a couple today who said they found me from a recent video. 

This is a link to the video I posted on YouTube here is the link to view the video, RB Golf Course Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LssRh3dHTGk

Personally I have not had a home that I think warranted the drone photography. My feeling is that if you list a rural property where you can show acreage and mountains and slopes or if you have a home situated on a beautiful hillside that would benefit from photos facing into the yard for example from the view side this could be invaluable. But just to show the home between the close neighbors for example could even be a negative showing it's close proximity and lack of privacy from other neighbors not otherwise obvious.

Just my take on the subject.