Is bankruptcy my only option (ex filed bankruptcy) to get home I gave ex in divorce off my credit?

Divorce settlement States I gave him our home and have no rights to the rental income he receives from the three apartments in it. Does the fact that he filed bankruptcy absolve me from this debt also? Mortgage company will not take me off the mortgage. How long will this show on my credit report?
  • August 13 2013 - US
  • 0

Thank you, that's what i figured. Yes he was supposed to refinance but was in and out of jail and not employed, so he filed the bankruptcy instead.

You did not file bankrupcy, he did. So the debt is yours until you pay it off. 
I am not sure what you are asking, but the mortgage your signed for still looks like it is yours. Did the divorce settlement also say he had to refi it out of your name? Most do if you gave up the home.