Profile picture for kolodyuk

Is foreign buyer( no green card) eligible for any financing? If so, what is the general terms?

  • February 09 2014 - San Mateo
  • 0
    0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

Be a Good Neighbor. Be respectful and on-topic. No spam or self-promotion! See our Good Neighbor Policy.

 
 

Answers (4)

One loan for non-citizens to consider is the Foreign National Loan. These loans are meant for non-residences/citizens seeking a home loan in the United States. Also, this type of loan usually requires about 35% down depending on the documents you have available (such as ITIN, VISA, etc.) so be prepared for that. It can also be more if you are seeking a high loan amount. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a lender such as myself to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me.

Good Luck!
  • February 12 2014
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

Profile picture for GPS Real Estate
Absolutely, about 80 % of our buyers here at Global Property Systems Real Estate come from overseas. Approximately 60% of them buy with cash with the other 40% obtaining financing. We can recommend several options to you which would be based on where you are thinking of buying and in what price range. There are also a couple of special visa options for overseas investors you may not be aware of. One program the EB-5 visa for example, offers investors the possibility of gaining an expedited Green Card. Check out our website for more information www.WeSellNY.com or contact us direct if you need further assistance and advice at this stage. 
Thanks,
Vanessa Saunders CIPS FIABCI
Principal Broker of GPS Real Estate
Certified International Property Specialist
  • February 09 2014
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

Yes, it is possible.  This would require a foreign national loan.  Typical requirements are a minimum of 35%-40% down.  These are offered through portfolio lenders, so compensating factors can make a difference in qualifying or not.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly through my profile if you have further questions.

Best,

Bryan
  • February 09 2014
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

Yes, it's possible. We work with 2 investors whom have different guidelines for their Foreign National loan. Typically, you need to apply for an ITIN (it's a tax ID number); have a minimum of 35%-50% downpayment; open a checking account with an American bank and set up automatic payments from the accounts. They will require documentation of your income and assets (related in US dollar). Those are the main criteria they'll be requesting. Feel free to contact me thru my profile for any additional assistance.
  • February 09 2014
  • 0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.