Is foreign national working full time on OPT eligible to apply for home loan?

I came to US on F1 visa and now have graduated and working full time on Optional Practical Training(OPT) work authorization. Am I eligible "apply" for a home loan?
  • August 09 2013 - San Diego
  • 0

Yes! Luckily, there are lenders like myself that offer loans for this particular situation. One loan to consider is the Foreign National Loan. These loans are meant for non-residences/citizens seeking a home loan in the United States. Also, this type of loan usually requires about 25% down or more depending on the documents you have available so be prepared for that. Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me!

BBVA Compass offers Mortgage Financing for Foreign Nationals:

-75%LTV(80% LTV if employed by US Corporation).
-Foreign Income, assets, and credit can be used.
-Second Home/Investment Property(Primary residence if empoyed by US Corp)

Please contact if you would like more details.

Matt Brozek
BBVA Compass
NMLS #8985
916-671-4028
Matthew.Brozek@bbvacompass.com

I have a program with 40% down to purchase for foreigner.  All I need to qualify is a valid passport and income verification.

There is a possibility of you qualifying for a loan but we really need a lot more information.

Most important factors and questions will be:

How long your visa is approved for?  Do you have an employment contract in place? If so, when does it expire? What are your plans after the Visa or are you in the process of any other applications? Do you have any credit history in the US established?

Have you applied for an HB-1 visa or have sponsor for such?

There are loans for Foreign Nationals that require about 40% down.

I would be happy to speak with you further and get you in touch with my expert in this area. Please contact me at...

Richelle Szczygiel

BRE #01447519

619-200-5545

richelle@richellerealty.com

Well there are a lot of factors. But the short answer is yes. I can certainly help you out. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
NMLS #1056079