Profile picture for Broundog

Is it a good time to buy investment properties in Long Beach Ca, ?

I have aprox. $ 450,000 to invest, thinking stocks or apartments?
  • May 12 2011 - Long Beach
  • 0

No, it's not really a great time to buy in Long Beach. Unemployment is still high here and the RE numbers are weak here. You'd be better off putting your money in a community with a better overall ROI.

Profile picture for Mills Realty
Managing a stock portfolio gives you the ability to get liquid very quickly.  Managing apartments has the difficulty of dealing with tenants.  With that said it really depends on the property and the income stream it will generate. 

I know you here this from every Realtor, but there has never been a better time to buy rental property. Rents are going up, prices are the same as they were in 2002 and sometimes lower, interest rates are low and there are a lot of people looking for rental property because they have come across financial hard times.
Personally, I think the downturn in prices has been as been exhaggerated as much as the boom in 2004-2006, so I think we are in for a 10-20% turn around in prices in the next couple years. However, all of the experts see things differently. Personally, I'm buying everything I can afford right now.

With interest rates so low, 15 and 30 year fixed rates available on 2-4 unit buildings and inflation predicted on the horizon, apartments are a great option. My office is in Long Beach (314 Redondo) and I am closing a triplex in Wrigley tomorrow, and have a couple of REOs for Chase that aren't on the market yet. I would love to discuss with you. Give me a call!

1. 1
  2. 2