Is it better to get a home or mobile home w/ land deal? (Vet w/ VA Home Loan / 647 Credit rating)

First time buyer. Disabled vet with VA Home Loan Certificate. Current credit rating is 647, still working to get it higher. Want to find the better option home or mobile home with land (don't want to get stuck with lot rent). What's the best area to start looking? Want a nice and respectable neighborhood. Any suggestions?
  • September 30 2013 - Montgomery
  • 1

Ok got with Veterans United and was approved for 150,000. I've been out to Millbrook, Prattville and a few areas here in Montgomery. However, the bulk of the homes shown were horrible! Most looked like people were running for the hills when they left. There was a new build that caught my attention, however, it doesn't have a garage nor a formal dining area (things that are important to me). Are there any new builds within my budget that I can purchase in the Montgomery Area? I do have some wiggle room on the final amount, so it can be as much as 185,000, but I don't want to go over that. Are there any suggestions? 

Profile picture for neilbrooks
Start w/your VA Lender.......It can be tough to get a VA loan on a mobile home.  Go online to Veterans United Home Loans.......They're good.

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
Mobile homes are a depreciating asset like a car. Stick built homes have the ability to appreciate and hold their value.

HI Terrence, from a loan standpoint you will be much happier with an existing home - not a mobile home / land.

The interest rates are better, the lending turn times are shorter, and you will be able to sell the home a little easier in the future.

If you would like to get preapproved for a VA loan, feel free to email me.

Best of luck!
Nathan