Is it okay to ask a landlord to store couches at the home for a month before the move-in date?

I have to be out of my apartment by June 1st.

I found a great home with a ton of space to rent, but the move-in date is July 1st.

Can I negotiate storage of my couches and maybe a TV in the basement while negotiating price of the rent price?

Thanks in advance!
  • April 30 2013 - Lakewood
  • 0

As you wish aren't even in the lease signing stage and haven't negotiated rent yet, keep the couch issue off the plate until later.

Thank you for your rapid response.  

Do you have any suggestions on how to approach/ask this tough question?

More details:  
    - I have never met or even spoken to the owner of the home directly (I'm going through an agent)
    - I am also trying to negotiate the price down about 12.5% per month, as I feel the home is priced this much higher than it's market.
    - I don't want to give off the impression that I will be a troublesome tenant

Is asking this question worth the risk?

You can always ask, but don't be surprised if the landlord says no or wishes you to have renters insurance to cover your property from the time you move them into the basement.