Is it possible to Streamline my FHA Mortgage even if my credit score is below 640?

My husband and I have been in our home for 6 yrs. We have experienced some life events that now have placed us in a position where we need to look into gettng a lower payment on mortgage is possible. We have a FHA mortgage and we have never been late with payments, but our credit has taken a hit in other areas and when we called our existing lender we were told that in order to qualify for a FHA streamline we need tohave a 640 and above score. Unfortunatley the market is still slow and selling would not be an option besides like more than half of America we owe more on our home than what we are told it is worth. NEED ADVICE?

• July 24 2012 - Birmingham
  • 0