Profile picture for guillaumerby

Is it possible to display my contact info (name & phone Numbers) on my Zillow listing?

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to sell my property but I don't want go with a full service agent, who in my opinion take too much money for what they really do.
I am considering several flat fee brokers who could assist/support me and ask my questions when needed.
But the thing is, even if I am paying a broker just in case, I would like to be contacted directly by the potential buyers/buyer's agent. Because no one else knows my home better than me & I want deal and negotiate myself!
I saw on the web that it's called mere posting in canada...
Anyone to help me on that? Many Thanks 

April 04 - Chicago

Flat fee agencies in the US will charge you a single fee to place your home on the MLS, btu in most case you also offer a partial commission to agent that bring you a buyer. Most of these flat fee companies will put your phone number and contact information on the listing and only use their agency name to submit your listing to the member only MLS. An example of this would be an agency like owners.com. If you look at their listing page, you will see a contact seller button not agent information. There are many flat fee companies that range in price and list of services they offer piecemeal.

There are other flat fee companies that are more like Help You Sell where an agent is listed so it is more likely that you will pay a partial commission if the buyer contacting them does not already have an agent. 

As the owner, the type and scope of listing you choose is up to you. If you go flat fee MLS listing only, you would only pay whatever commission % or amount you choose to a buyers agent, but all negotiations and buyer contacts would go through you not an agent.

April 06
Profile picture for guillaumerby
Hi John, Thanks for your feedback. If I list with you with your For Sale By Owner (FSBO) I get listed on Realtor.com, Zillow...which is great. But potential buyers will see my phone number or yours?
Because if it is yours, It's gonna be difficult to save the commission...

In other word I want my home on Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia and so on but I want display my phone number to get in touch directly with buyers or buyer's agent...

Thank You

April 06
Cosider using a Broker offering Exclusive Agency. That way you can have them list it in the MLS etc and you still have the ability to sell it yourself.  If you sell it there is no commission.  That way you get all the benefits of a Realtor but still have total control for a FSBO sale.  If you can't find a company near you give me a call as we offer that.  Good Luck

April 06

I understand that you might think our worth is devalued based on a previous experience or what you hear from others. To say the least, no two agents are alike and just as there are bad agents there are extremely good ones. I can assure you that although you might know your home better than I, you will not know the market or it's current buyers as well I or other agents who take this profession seriously. On an average a client who sells his or her home by owner will lose out on 10%-20% mark up*. We can also take into account the fact that you might not have time to show, pre-qualify & verify that every buyer is eligible for your home. It's time consuming and a profession all in it's self. I truly apologize for my colleagues who have been less than stellar on showcasing the worth of a Realtor. I invite you to give my firm and the next top 3 firms the opportunity to help you. You can easily place your information on Zillow and a tutorial can help you but be prepared for the phone calls. Good luck !

* (FSBOs accounted for 9% of home sales in 2012. The typical FSBO home sold for $174,900 compared to $215,000 for agent-assisted home sales.)

April 04