Profile picture for Beayanca2

Is it possible to get a $200,000 mortgage loan.

I have a judgement on my credit report but when I call the finance company to find out what I owe them, they cant find my name in the system. I also call the court house  and they can't find anything on the book. But this judgement is showing up on just 1 credit report and not the other two. I also have $6,000 in medical bills. Will I be able to get a mortgage loan. I have been pre-approved for the loan, but when I go in with the final numbersto the bank for the offer on the house, I'm afraid they may reject me because of a judgement that I have not idea about and the $6,000 in medical bills. What shoud I do?? HELP!!
  • August 20 2012 - US

Profile picture for fb462827053
You need to contact the credit bureau with the judgement on it, and speak with a representative to clear this up. It sounds like it may be an error (there are many people with the same name) maybe an account number was one digit off and inadvertently was linked to your credit. Get the name of who you speak with, keep records of all your conversations and correspondence  to clear this matter up. You should get this taken care of asap. You also need to speak with the mortgage officer that you have worked with for the pre-approval to let them know about the medical bills. Better to be pro-active than to lose a home. 

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
I don't know, but I do know that to get real answers you will have to sit down with your mortgage broker and get the news, good or bad. And I would get answers to these questions before I spent a ton of money on inspections and such.