Profile picture for heather526

Is it possible to get a home loan 15 months after a bankruptcy with a credit score above 640?

• December 28 2010 - US

24 months in most cases

You are right above the minimum credit score (which I believe is 620 but don't quote me) but even still it will be very hard as 640 isl very low. Even if you do get a loan approved, the conditions and terms will not be favorable and you will most likely pay a very high interest rate. If you are intent on purchasing, see if you can find a lease with the option to buy and use that time to build up your credit score. 

Profile picture for Nocturnal25
I have a 619 score and if I met the requirements I would qualify for a VA loan. I had a bankruptcy 6 years ago and I make $132,000 now but nobody will approve me for anything. So I just gave up and decided to travel.

Wish you the best of luck though.

Check with your local lender. They will be the best bet.
Good luck.