Profile picture for Mazozeh

Is it possible to get a loan mortgage with 2 friends?

I just moved to wisconsin and just got a job 3 months ago instead of paying 1400 for rent. I want to buy a house. I have two friends who said they'll co sign for me. Will this work?The house i'm looking at is a foreclosure 
  • April 25 - Oak Creek

Freinds as cosigners is possible, but not smart. Buying is business and mixing money with friends is the quickest way to lose both. Wait to buy until you can qualify on your own.
  • May 13

I am a local Wisconsin lender with Cherry Creek Mortgage.  Yes, you can get a home mortgage with cosigners. I would be happy to help you get pre-approved and even help you find a realtor to work with. 

Best regards,
Brynn
  • May 13

Mazozeh-

Good Evenning.

Being a REALTOR, not a lender, I would never want to give someone bad advise, yet, I know what your, I believe you are asking is possible. Speak to a lender or two, have/take notes. You may be able to have "friends" co-sign" or maybe go in this purchase with you, you have a few different ways to go, yet step one is to see who helps your cause, then set the game plan into motion :-).

Have a BEAUTIFUL night.

-Shawn, AZ.
  • April 27

Co-signors are definitely possible.  Check with your loan officer, they might also have to be on the mortgage, which means you may have to own this home with 2 other people.  If that is true, you may also want to speak to an attorney about how to hold title.

If you need any referrals to great loan officers, let me know!

• April 26