Profile picture for howman3

Is it possible to give me the Zillow estimate of my home value on January 1st, 2011?

I am trying to appeal the RMV assessment of my home in Portland, OR. I need to know what the real market value was on January 1, 2011 to be able to file the appeal.
  • October 30 2011 - Centennial
  • 0

You can appeal your taxes and win, but you need the comps to back your version of RMV. You can find recent sales on Zillow, but an agent can also help you tailor a list from the local MLS of houses like yours that have sold.

The more solid information you have the more likely you are to win your appeal. There is information here on appealing your taxes that might be useful. Good luck with your appeal!

Profile picture for howman3
Thank you all very much. At this time I just need to know what the estimate was at that time. If it is too high then my appeal wont be approved. I just need is as a guideline right now. If it is low enough I will have to do the work to get an acceptable value as part of my appeal.

Howie

I'd be happy to work up a CMA for your home for that date.  It would likely be more accurate than a Zestimate.  I'll need your address and perhaps some additional details that you don't want to post here, so send me an email or call me so we can discuss (click on my picture for my contact information)

Profile picture for wordsmth
wetdawgs gave you the method. However, the Zestimate will be worthless to appeal an estimate. Read the details on how you file an appeal, and what will be considered in determining the value. A Zestimate won't.

You can get a Zestimate for your home on that date by opening the home details page, scrolling to the Zestimate graph and moving the cursor across the page.  You'll see the numbers change by date in the upper left of the graph.

Does your community accept Zestimates as RMV, or do you have to pull up actual sold comps for that date?  (Most taxing offices do not accept AVMs)