Profile picture for InfoSolutionWiz

Is it really next to impossible to qualify for a mortgage as a 1st time homebuyer if I am self-emplo

BJ Matson and Shane Milne Is Right on TARGET!

I have been selfemployed since my job at Motorola got ship to China in 2003.

Over the years I buy several properties including 4 family rentals in Florida. I always get qualify using my gross earnings. Sometimes I claim too much decuctions which reduces my income and make me unable to qualify for a larger loan or a certain price house.

I am currently in the process of obtaining a HomePath Renovation Mortgage which is looking good, so far. It can be done, just start with a smart creative loan processor/broker. Educating yourself, like you are doing, about the process first, before taking the plunge, is smart. Best of luck!

• June 19 2011 - Draper
  • 0

OK for a second I thought I was in the Twilight Zone - there is an identical topic name at http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/Is-it-really-next-to-impossible-to-qualify-for-a-mortgage-as-a-1st-time-homebuyer-if-I-am-self-emplo/403786/ - so I figure you are probably responding to that and somehow it created a new thread, Zillow has done that to me a few times as well.

Did you know my company is HQ'd in Draper, UT?  The odds.