Profile picture for capa26

Is it reasonable to expect to view a home within 24 hours of expressing interest with your agent?

Is it also unreasonable to expect to have an offer submitted to the sellers agent within 24 hours after expressing the desire to do so (and ready to sign the contract once it's produced)?
  • July 13 2012 - Port Orange
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for howardft
Yes, I think it is very reasonable to view a home within 24 hours of expressing interest with your agent. It will, however, depend on if the sellers are willing to show their home with short notice. 
Yes, it is also reasonable to have an offer submitted to the sellers agent within 24 hours after expressing the desire to do so. You'll need to find an agent who is willing to give you 110%. 

It is reasonable but not always possible.  Several factors come into play here depending on whether the home is vacant, the seller can be reached, the home is on lockbox or there are tenants.  In the case of the latter, with tenants it is often very difficult to show properties.

As to your second question, no, it is not unreasonable.  Your offer should have been written asap and submitted asap.  If I am working with buyers who want to submit an offer now, we go back, write it up and the offer is sent over immediately.  No waiting 24 hours - no waiting even 12 hours.  

There can be a variety of reasons that a showing of a home could not be set up in 24 hours. It depends on the sellers confirming or at least responding to the request. If the seller doesn't return a call in time, and no one can reach them, the agent can't show the home to you.

As far as putting in an offer, there is no reason an agent can't submit an offer within a short period of time after the offer is signed by the buyer. I usually take maybe 15 - 30 minutes to scan and email an offer to the listing agent.

It may not be unreasonable, but oftentimes it is not feasible.  If you are not happy with the length of time taken by your buyer agent, then contact tthe broker, he may be able to help.

Profile picture for capa26
I've only had an issue this week. Told my agent I would like to submit an offer Wednesday evening, Thursday morning I was presented with a Comparable Market Analysis by the agent, I communicated my offer price. Called my agent later that evening for an update, left voicemail. Called this morning, and this afternoon, and still with no response!!!

Profile picture for capa26
I can understand the different variables in trying to see a home within 24 hours, but I'd at least expect an appointment set up within 24 hours. Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting flustered over something that's the norm.

Is it reasonable to view a home within 24 h?   Not always, in some cases if there are tenants at least 24 h notice is required by law (48 h in some states).  In some cases the residents put time and/or notice expectations for viewing in the comments related to properties listed for sale.

Offer submitted to sellers agent?  In most cases a buyer's agent should be able to submit a written offer to the seller's agent within 24 h.  Are you having problems with your agent submitting offers?  

Profile picture for wordsmth
It's reasonable, but doesn't always happen for any number of reasons. It's certainly reasonable to expect an offer to be submitted within hours (not 24 hours, but just hours) after expressing the desire for it to happen.