Is it unheard of to ask a lower rent or deposit if you have the cash, but not quite the amount asked

I have cash for the deposit.  But, it's 95.00 less than what they're asking.  I'm in my late 40s, employed with a spotless payment record at my apartment for the last six years.  I can't get any help with the last 95.00.  I haven't looked at the property with the agent yet.  I was just wondering if they would accept what I have with a promise to pay the rest by a certain date or will they keep the house listed until someone comes up with the money?  I'd be happy to rent it now.  But, I just can't that that last 95.00 until next month.
  • November 29 2012 - Deer Valley
  • 0

Best Answer

As a landlord, I understand tenants don't always have lots of cash on hand.  Ask to pay the security deposit over 2 months.

It cannot hurt to ask!  You are so close to having the full amount.  

This is hopeful.  I can certainly pay the remainder of the deposit within one month.  Thanks for your help!!

It doesn't hurt to ask, at worst they will say no.