Is it worth it to finish my basement in order to compete with others in the neighborhood?

The homes for sale and recently sold in the neighborhood are asking for higher prices (Yeeaaayy!) I noticed that they are all listed at much higher square footages than expected. Drawing the conclusion that the finished basements must be included, I am left wondering should I need to finish mine to not appear inappropriately smaller than these otherwise comparable homes. How much should I spend? What ROI can I expect?

September 04 2013 - Dublin

Good Morning!  I notice you are from Dublin, Ohio  I have some great Real Estate friends that I can refer you to help answer this question for your specific area.   
Real Estate can vary from area to area.  I sell Real Estate in the Northeast Ohio area. In this area, it's customary to include square footage if the basement is a walk out basement.  But, if the basement is not a walk out, we'll include the basement in the total square footage and not the livable so that consumers will know the difference.  
As far as how much you should spend and ROI, those are best asked and answered by a local agent.  
Feel free to contact me or email me for the referral I have for you.  I assure you can safely ask without being hounded :)  
Good Luck.  Christine

First, you will want to make sure that those Comps did indeed have finished basements and whether or not those were fully finished or partially finished. 

Then you are going to need someone to figure out the current value of your home. Once you know your current value you can compare it to the comps you are looking at so you can make a decision on whether or not to finish your basement.