Is the Paperwork For Your Mortgage Driving You Crazy? Some Insight

I have been hearing more and more from my clients that their mortgage brokers are asking for more and more documentation for loan approvals.  This leads to frustration for all people involved with the transaction. Below is a link to a recent article which puts things in perspective.  Enjoy!

ttp://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybuilder/2012/03/09/the-perfect-loan-file-2/
  • April 12 2012 - Atlanta
  • 0
    0Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.

Be a Good Neighbor. Be respectful and on-topic. No spam or self-promotion! See our Good Neighbor Policy.

Answers (1)

The biggest impediment is not submitting all docs needed in the first place. If a borrower only gives 80% of the docs requested then you can count on the process slowing down and possibly stopping until the other 20% is submitted. Sometimes the documentation submitted prompts more documentation, instead of asking "Why do you need that?" just supply the docs requested asap and the process will stay on track and on time.   
  • April 12 2012
  • 1Yes

  • Report a Problem

    Please enter a valid email address.

    Content flagged

    We will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.

    We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.