Is there a lender who needs business?

I am looking to get one or two lenders to send my buyers to pre qualify. I get a lot of inquiries on properties and am basically looking for someone who needs the business and won't refer them to another agent or not get back to them in a reasonable time frame.
  • February 17 2011 - Springfield

wow.  just. wow.  referring people to another agent when you sent an LO a buyer is just totally unethical.  I know from my perspective as a loan officer that I am looking for fresh buyers myself and won't hesitate to refer business to an agent - someone I feel comfortable doing business with and we can grow the business together.  I worked in New England when I first entered the business - when interest rates were up it was definitely a purchase market.  We had to build relationships or else our production just dropped.  Our relationships were our "advertising".  Its the same now - and my fear is that during the steep interest rate decline since 2009 I wonder if our Realtors were wondering "where were you when I needed you a year ago and I was struggling to make a sale?"  So keeping a consistent ongoing relationship that is beyond a transactional basis is vital if we are going to heal this industry.

You want someone in MA that can do it all with local underwriting! FHA, VA, USDA, Construction, Rehab, Conventional and Masshousing.

I am sooooo surprised to hear this. I mean who would refer their referrals to another agent...UNLICENSED AGENTS!! Thats the only logical explanation I can think of.

In fact, its not surprising because just look at how many talented agents as well as not so talented agents, just simply did not take the NMLS testing!

Either way, my assumption is just that, an assumption. I wish you good luck in finding a lender, I know for a fact there are quite a few on here. If you need a CA guy, please don't hesitate to contact me. I could use all the contacts, referrals, friends, acquaintances, Realtor relationships, and referral partners I can get.

Happy Fundings.

Sunny 

Profile picture for shapiroamg
You have had buyers you sent to a mortgage person then get referred to another agent?!?!?!!!?! wow.

I know exactly what you're talking about Christine.  I have several lenders competing for my clients business on my site where folks can get pre-approved or they can call me for someone reliable. 

I hope it's not just Massachusetts. Your question is an embarrassment to the mortgage lending industry! Come to Indiana and I will take care of you.

Here is my suggestion ... walk into the corporate office of Mortgage Network, Inc. They are located at 300 Rosewood Drive in Danvers and ask to speak with Robert McInnes. He is the President and co-founder of the company. They are the largest mortgage lender in New England.

If that doesn't work, walk into United Bank in West Springfield and ask for Richard Collins. He is the President and CEO.

And if that doesn't work, I will obtain a license in Massachusetts!

By the way, make sure to help your buyers obtain a "commitment of loan approval" and not just a "prequalification letter", ok?

Christine there are lots of great lenders out there. I would interview some local Mortgage agents from your area.