Is there a minimum credit score you need for a jumbo loan?

• September 15 2013 - US
  • 0

Can you say what state and loan amount?  Your answer would vary with me based on this.  Feel free to contact me via my profile.

The minimum credit score for any loan can usually differ from lender to lender. I know that lenders like myself have a minimum of 660. But like I said there's not definite minimum that can answer this question because it all depends on the lender. If you want to know more I suggest you speak with a lender like myself because we all would more than willing to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need.

Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you need a loan, feel free to contact me.

Each mortgage lender will have their own minimum credit score requirements for each mortgage program.  Also, besides the minimum credit score the mortgage lenders may have other minimum credit requirements, such as 4 open tradelines for over 12 months with no lates, 24 month rental/mortgage history with no lates, etc.  Speak to a licensed mortgage professional in your area to discuss options.

The answer to your question depends on the loan program and/or lender. Some loan programs have a minimum credit score with no flexibility. If your score is not high enough you have to wait until your credit score improves.

There are some jumbo loan programs that do not have a minimum credit score. Here is an article that talks about a [Hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

Make sure you ask your lender if there is any flexibility if your credit score is lower than what the guideline states.