Is there a part time stipulation in getting a mortgage loan?

I'm a nurse working part time because I am currenty going to school full time to get my undergrad degree. I make $46,000 a year part time. I am going to go back to full time in 3/13. Some banks are telling me that I have to be part time for a 2 years. Does that make any sense? My credit is in lower half of the 700's and hardly no debt to speak of. What are my options? Thanks so much for your help.
  • May 16 2012 - Dayton
  • 0

If part-time work is what you do then it is counted as your employment.  The two year issue is if you have a part-time job along with your primary job.

Your school history and previous work history are sufficient to answer the the work history question.

I have been part time for two years at the job before this hospital can I count that too? There was no gap between jobs.

Most, if not all, lenders require part time employment to be for 24 months to be considered as consistent income.