Profile picture for fjbrady

Is there a way to prevent people from sending me email? I prefer phone calls.

March 10 2011 - Towson

tasty bit of Spam there Frank.......since you're new to zillow, you might want to  read up on the Good Neighbor Policy (see below)  as zillow doesn't allow personal links in responses.......

In addition - this question was asked over 1 year ago!

[website and self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

Take leads any way you can get them. Email is the way we communicate today. Your just going to have to put up with it.

Truthfully, when all is said and done.......if you're trying to sell your house as a fsbo, , this may be just one of the inconveniences you will have to put up with in order to get it sold.

In my opinion, you should focus on getting responses..... and being contacted........not so much on  the manner in which they contact you.......be happy anyone is calling - make the most of it, and sell your home!

of course you could always put in a fake email address but then you'd miss the contact all together.  If your email supports filters w/auto replies (different than a vacation response), then you could set a filter for emails that say "question about the home" in the subject line so that your auto reply says...

If you are interested in this home please call 555-555-5555, as your email will not be read or reviewed. thank you... 

(or something similar)  and then have another filter delete that message.

although personally..I prefer emails to phone calls.  you still get phone calls from people that aren't serious.  I've noticed that people don't want spam either so they tend to not email until they are serious because it exposes their email address to you (which tends to scare them if you are selling something-it's the fear you will email them constantly etc.)

Profile picture for fjbrady
Maria- If I do that than no one can email me unless I set up a separate account.

Set your computer to "I'm out of the office" and leave a message saying you don't read the emails to please call at ###?

Profile picture for fjbrady

With over 25 yrs in the computer business, I've learned that people don't really read web sites (or instructions) and wouldn't "see" that I didn't want email. If the button is there, they'll click it.

I don't want email because its a pain.  Its easier to answer  (and ask them) questions in a phone call. It also requires a little more effort on the buyers part and might weed out those that are just curious.

My phone number comes up on the zillow listing, anyway.

My real preference would be for them to follow the link to the web site that I built about the house with much more information, pictures, and 360 degree tours as well as contact information.

Brandy - my email isn't on the sign, only the houses web address and my original question was _how_ to remove my email address from this web site. Some buyers may prefer email, but if that isn't an option and they won't take the time to make a call than they aren't really interested in the house anyway.

fjbrady -  as a consumer, do you really want to publish your phone number on an internet site?
Some people just want a quck question answered, and don't want to bother with a phone call.............I am curious - .why do you not want email?
Of course, if that's your preference, you can always state that in the text on your listing.

Brandy - just as an FYI, and  since you're new to zillow - placing any contact information in your response is considered "spam" and will be removed by a zillow moderator when they find it.
You might want to check out the "Good Neighbor" Policy on the bottom right of the page for clarification.

As it is FSBO, simply comment in the comment section that you would prefer to do business by phone rather than E-mail.  However, be aware many people much prefer E-mail than phone, so check your E-mail box daily.

Technology and the internet is what it's all about.  90% of buyers search the web for homes.  They do this to obtain knowledge about areas and homes and to find exactly what they want before they make a phone call or actually go to view a property.  They don't want to waste their time and that is one of the major reasons they rather look online and send an e-mail.  Of course not all buyers are the same. You can prevent people from e-mailing by simply taking your e-mail off the sign or website.  With that being said, I would strongly advise otherwise.  Although you would rather have a phone call, many buyers prefer e-mail. 
Good Luck with selling your home! Please let me know if I may help in the future!
Very Respectfully,
Brandy Bradley
Home Shop Realty803.669.1011

Profile picture for fjbrady
Its a for sale by owner. 

We need some context on this one.   For example, are you referring to placing a rental or "for sale" listing on Zillow?