Profile picture for dwilds

Is there any relief for borrowers who don't have a Fannie or Freddie loan?

I will need to refinance my balloon loan in 10 years and would rather do it now.  I also have a home equity at a high rate.  In order to refinance I would have to go to about 100% LTV.  Not Fannie or Freddie loans.  Not sure where to start looking.  Thanks.
  • March 22 2010 - US
  • 0

Your lender is definitely the best place to start.  You can also look into an FHA refinance which would get you close to 100%.  Talk with some local lenders to see if that may be a good option for you.

If you have not already contacted your lender do so to see if anything can be done.

There are also many non-profits which help you for free.

NACA is one.

Good Luck.