Is there anyone in the Milwaukee area that offers the Fannie Mae Homestyle Renovation loan?

• January 14 2013 - Milwaukee
  • 0

Yes - Homestyle Renovation loans.  Owner occupied OR investment.   Carrie with Thompson Kane in Greenfield WI.[Contact information removed by Zillow moderator. See our Good Neighbor Policy]

Profile picture for bsorenson1
I am a local Wisconsin lender with Cherry Creek Mortgage.  We are able to do the HomeStyle renovation loans.

Regards,
Brynn

We offer 203k home loans our office has done a handful recently. The loan does take a lot of work but to make the process smoother we say up to $35k in home repairs, once you get beyond that it becomes a little more complex but still can be done. I'm loan officer the First Fidelity Home Mortgage of Wisconsin. If you have any other questions on this feel free to reach out. Mike Roembke mike@wesayok.com

I am able to offer the Fannie Mae Homestyle Renovation loan and I am located 30 minutes west of Milwaukee.  If you are still looking feel free to contact me through Zillow and I would be more than happy to assist!

Sorry I can only do the Homepath not the Homepath renovation.

I would agree with Dennis' assessment of the FHA 203k.  If you decide to take on a renovation loan make sure the loan officer knows what they are doing.  These loans can become a nightmare and not even close in the end.  Good luck.  

[content removed by Zillow because of spam.  Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy for details.]

I've worked with a couple of 203K type loans last year.  It is a lot of extra work requiring a lot of extra hours.  There are a few lenders to choose from.  I have worked directly with Wells, as well are another lender with a different system.  Each has draw backs.  Another option is to look at all the facts and consider a turn key property with less hassles in the lending process.  There are sellers willing to work with buyers on a deal that will actually put you miles ahead of trying to buy and rehab a foreclosure.  Get the actual facts in the market, a 4 block radius you are looking.  Number one rule is forget all the Internet advice you run across where people are trying to sell  you their advise which amounts to nothing more than hype.  By the time they produce their videos, the market has already changed.  

Profile picture for DuaneMurphy
I would recommend checking with a local Wells Fargo lender. They do lot of these in our area and they are my first "go to".
Best of luck!! You may also be able to find a list of approved lenders on Fannie Mae's website.