Profile picture for djuniqueg

Is this a good area to stay in Myrtle Beach?

I live in Atlanta, but I was considering getting a condo in Myrtle Beach.  I was wondering if the Little River rd and Pinewood rd area across from the pine lakes country club is a good area.  If not what is safe, inexpensive part of Myrtle Beach to look?  To be honest I was not trying to spend more than 75k for a vacation condo.

May 07 - Myrtle Beach

One caveat is to carefully consider whether, or not, a vacation unit, in a complex full of full time residents, is what you really want. It can get weird.

Are you looking for a place you'll spend occasional weekends, an vacas in, without ever renting it out, or a unit which you expect to generate income, and be available for your seasonal use?

Either of the two agents, who chimed in, could help you sort it all out. I have to say, having spent years at both ends of the Grand Strand, I presently prefer the South Strand area.

July 08
Hey Djuniqueg,

I'm not sure if you found a good enough answer yet so I thought I would but in my two cents. I am a Myrtle Beach native and actually grew up on 47th Ave N off of Little River Road. This is a FANTASTIC place to live. It's quiet, family oriented, and prices are wonderful when you consider what it costs to live this close to the ocean in other big cities.

I will also recommend looking at some condos off of 67th ave n. I was actually looking at a few in that area for investment purposes. There are no HOA fees, plenty of space, and only a few blocks away from the beach (walking distance if you're fit).

Hope this helps and I hope you make your way to Myrtle Beach sooner rather than later.

July 08
The Pine Lakes area provides some nice price point options.  There are some other locations that may work just as well for you and keep you within budget.  I just helped a couple buy a condo in Surfside Beach for $85k and it is within a golf cart ride to the beach.  [self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

May 19

Hi, it depends on how close you would like to be to the beach. Little River is a short drive to the beach, but not within walking distance. You should be able to find a property in that price range.  I would be happy to assist you with any mortgage financing needs. Feel free to contact me through my profile info.

May 08