Is this kind of reply to me inquiring on a rental listing a sign of a scam?

I did get your response concerning the AD I posted. The house is still available but presently I'm not around.. I did bid for a portion of petroleum land sometimes ago in Singapore and fortunately I won the bidding so I have to move quickly down to Singapore to have my company set up because I will still have to rebid for it in the next 10 years.. I came over here with my wife, we both bought the house when we got married. As soon as we settle down here I had a thought of selling the house so I have to look for an agent, after getting one, we got a deal but later my wife advised against that, we may not be able to win the bidding next  time, in other to keep our head when we return that we have to keep the house.

I reasoned with her and accepted her advise. So I contacted the agent back and requested for my keys and documents. Later we decided to have the house rent 
out, we would have give the same agent this job also but the truth of the matter is that the agent would want to handle it professionally and th...

• February 16 2012 - Dayton
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Nikki J
Hi "User33467"

Yes, this sounds like a scam. Can you provide us with the complete property address so we can remove the listing as soon as possible? You can post the address in advice or contact me via my Zillow profile.

Nicole Johnson

Profile picture for TheMurrayGroup1
Sounds like a scam. They are giving way to much information.

Profile picture for Nikki J
Thank you!

We have removed the listing.

Nicole Johnson

House Address: 3943 Fieldcrest Dr, Beavercreek, OH 45431 , and the person who is doing this is Lawrence Shepard,  lawrence.shepard3@gmail.com 

Thank you for quick reply.
Pavel

99% of the time it is a scam and you should run not walk away. You will put your personal information at risk, lose any deposit money you give them and have no way to get it back from the out of country scam artist.

There is information here on avoiding scams on Zillow. You can alos help others by posting the email address of the scammer and the address of the property. Also, if you flag the listing page, Zillow will remove the scam ad.