Is window and trim replacement the resposponsibility of the HOA?

Our HOA bylaws say that windows are the responsibility of the home owner. I questioned this before I purchased my condo and was told if the windows had to be changed, I would be responsible for payment of the brand new window and that was all. I was told the installation and trim would be the responsibility of the HOA. Are skylights part of the roof or do they also go under windows as mentioned in the bylaws? I wish they made a comment about skylights in the bylaws but it is not there. The bylaws says the roof is not the responsibility of the condo owner.

My neighbor needs the trim that goes around the window on the siding replaced and was told that goes with the windows and I truly think that is wrong but our property management company would have us do everything and just collect our monthly fee if they could. Can anyone answer these questions for me.

Greatly appreciated.

August 31 2010 - US

You need to get a copy of the bylaws of your Home Owners Association.  Any questions you have about what is covered or not covered should be outlined in this legal document.  Your property management company is required to give you a copy, but sometimes they may charge you a minimal charge for this service.  You should have been provided one at closing.  If you don't have success here, go back to the closing attorney that you used at closing and see if he/she can get you a copy.

Also it is liekly that even if the association is responsible for replacing, they send you the bill in the form of a special assesment.

Delete My Account
Data errors on property
Latest reply by wetdawgs
April 11 | 3 answers
Cancelling my Zillow account
unsubscribe
Latest reply by dancingdogspottery
April 05 | 33 answers
How to contact Zillow by phone or email? Possibly a Contact us catagory would be nice
Profile picture for krisdesombre
Latest reply by krisdesombre
April 04 | 223 answers