It's not a question...I just don't like how you don't tell in acres the size of lots!

I don't want to have to do math when I'm looking for property!  :-)
  • October 18 2012 - Columbia
  • 0

In my local MLS (Los Angeles Area, CA) the lot size is displayed in both Acres and sq.ft...I assumed it was the same everywhere lol. 

Profile picture for blue screen exile
All the home details pages show the size of the lots in both sqft and acres!

And it is not that hard to multiply acres by 43,560; (or 40k for simplicity) for the searches...  No one is specifying the search size for lots that tightly anyway.

If one can't multiply by 4 and move the decimal place 4 places in their head, are the really ready to buy in the first place?

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
43,560

True, it is a pain, but you have to realize that most homes are on some portion of an acre, so square footage works better than acres for most home buyers.