Profile picture for michaeldgreen

Jimmy Harris, please stop listing my house as "For Sale" to drive traffic to your website.

Jimmy Harris, Remax Agent, Harris Group, Central Maryland. It has been eight months since I bought my house. Please stop listing it over and over again on Zillow as "For Sale" in an effort to drive traffic to your website. I realize business is slow, and no wonder with the poor job you did, but please stop listing my house as for sale when it's not.

October 27 2008 - US

Instead of posting here call him or his broker! More than likely the agent has not removed the listing from another site that keeps auto submitting to Zillow, but that is no excuse for the headache it is causing you!

Also contact your state's Real Estate Commission and tell them what is happening. That should help to speed up getting the problem fixed. Please never hesitate to report sleazy agent behavior. Honest agents want you to report the unethical agents!

Profile picture for michaeldgreen

Thanks Mark, but his father is his broker and I know it isn't an automatic listing program since the price changed this time it was listed. I feel the real estate commision should be used as a last resort since the actions are really just repugnant, not illegal.

I wrote the same complaint in the details section on my houses page and I am sure he will eventually return to it and read it next time he lists another house. I noticed he just relists mine when he has another one to put on and is here anyway.

WOW... this is just crazy and weird!  I guess that is what this agent calls "prospecting".  Have you tried giving a personal call or email to him?  A lot of agents on this site don't come to the posts to read or answer so it would probably be your best bet unless you just want to wait for the chance that he possibly reads this post or reads the comment you left on the listing page.  Best of luck!

Yeah, try calling him direct. If no response in a reseasonable time, call your state real esate commission. And make sure if you leave a message to say what the problem is, and the next step will be calling the state REC.

And it is illegal to advertise a property for sale that you do not have paperwork on in my state. And repugnent actions could be considered unethical, which is something the REC would be interested in.

Don't feel bad about getting anyone you need to involved to solve the problem.  I just want to apologize to you on behalf of our industry because this is not how the vast majority of us conduct business.  Did you ever consider that he's aware you're slandering his name and is doing this as retribution because he doesn't think you'll actually do anything about it?

If he isn't returning phone calls, and the price continues to change then something fishy is going on.  One call to the licensing board will have it cleared up in 24 hours I guarantee it and he isn't necessarily going to lose his license or get a huge fine.  They'll contact him to make him aware of the issue and give a time-line for correcting it.  If he chooses not to live up to that deadline then it's his problem.

Premier Agent Websites: Have a Question?
Profile picture for John Doering
Latest reply by John Doering
Simple ideas every realtor and other professionals on zillow should follow to get a great reputation
Profile picture for Debra (Debbie) Rose
Latest reply by Debra (Debbie) Rose
May 07 | 72 answers
Sending listing reports to sellers
Latest reply by SteadyState
February 15 | 24 answers
Fellow Realtors/ Attorneys *Please be Aware of this Email Fraud Scam from China*
Profile picture for James Laden
Latest reply by James Laden
  • Posted by Ken Mischitelli
  • In Agents
Are Agent Open Houses a waste of time?
Profile picture for John Kreiss
Latest reply by John Kreiss
June 18 | 15 answers