Profile picture for ampm1985

Just wondering

Just wondering where you get the estimates from?  My house at 9524 Greenpointe Dr. Tampa, FL  33626 which is exactly the same size as about 6 others in my neighborhood is listed way lower than all the others.  The house directly across the street from me at 9601 Greenpointe is the same model as mine, doesn't have a pond view and has a lot size several thousand feet smaller but is listed nearly $20,000 more as is all of the others with the same size of 2714 square feet.  Even my neighbor whose house is about 600 square feet less is listed only about $23,000 less than mine and there are others smaller than mine that show a higher value.  In fact all of the houses in my neighborhood have a square foot value way higher than what you show my house to be.  This is confusing and does not make sense to me.  Considering my house has been updated on the inside and out and much larger than most on my street, I would like to understand how you are figuring the value because for someone checking values, it is very deceiving.

March 14 - Westchase

Have you had the opportunity to read Zillow's FAQ "What is a Zestimate?" from beginning to end very carefully?

You will learn that the Zestimate is a starting point, and is presented with a value range covering 70% probability of a sale within that range. Your home's value range is $370K – $421K.  You'll learn the impact of condition and upgrades (none, because Zillow has no way to evaluate unless the tax assessor or a sale shows the added value).

The Zestimate is a rough estimate and a starting point,  not a substitute for a CMA or an appraisal.    

March 15
There are so many factors that go into zestimates.  Its hard to say what has caused your home to be estimated lower.  Unfortunately you cannot get value for updates on the zestimate.  You may want to claim the home prior to listing it and confirm that the factors are correct which could make a positive change to your zestimate.  As a real estate agent, I do not put very much importance on Zillow, Trulia, or any other website estimator.  The computers are not people in this market and cannot possible explain the nuances of a home compared to the others on the market.  Make sure you get a market analysis done by knowledgeable agent who can explain to you not just the benefits of your homes but challenges, solutions and your target buyers.  I would be happy to help you should the time be right for you to sell.

Thank you. Lisa Reeves

March 15
The best way to find the value of your home is to hire an appraiser which will cost you or you can have a local real estate agent do a CMA for you most likely free of charge. Zillow provides estimates that are not always that close to the real market value of your home.

March 14