Profile picture for redi2

Keep the Faith, houses do sell!

I have been a lurker for almost a year. Reading every day, looking for positive signs that it might sell for some one.  Our house in Florida finally closed today. We were on the market since nov 2006. We moved to Kansas in Feb 2007 for a job  relocation, so the house has been empty.  I always got hope from seeing someone else sell, so I thought I would pass it on. We got an offer finally on Dec 8 and closed today. :)

• January 04 2008 - US
  • 1

Profile picture for robin398

Congratulations!!!

redi2,

That's encouraging since my condo that is for sale is in your market, over in Palm Harbor. Can you give us any more details? Were you FSBO? Where did your buyer come from? Reductions? Was the house vacant? (what NOT staged!) Granite countertops? Three car garage? We need details! Thanks.

Profile picture for pinksandbaby

congrats redi2!  Love to hear good news, thanks!

Profile picture for Jimmy38

I'm in the Military and I'm faced with a short sale. I have orders to transfer in March. I've had my home on the market 3 times over the past year and a half. Most recently I've had it on the market since the begging of October. Since I reduced my home for well under value, I'm receiving offers. I have a terminally Ill son so there's no way I can leave my family in South Florida. There's no way I can afford to rent out my home (townhome) for what I pay each month. My mortgage company told me that doing a short sale is actually a viable option. My credit will take a hit but nothing compaired to a foreclosure. I'm facing a loss of approx. 60K. Anyone have any experiences with short selling they would like to share?

congrats redi2!!!!

Profile picture for sandi9411

Redi, that is excellent news! My son and his g/f live in Davenport and have her house on the market.  IF they sell it, they too will move to Alabama so we'll be close again!  Now what part of KS do you live in?  I'm in KCMO, so we have to be pretty close!  Welcome to the midwest! Lovely weather, now isn't it?

Profile picture for redi2

thanks everyone! We did have it listed with a realtor.  It was empty and not staged.. no granite counter tops either. :)  There were a lot of foreclosures in our neighborhood that had the same layout for cheaper.  We did have a  solar heated pool and spa that they did not have, plus our house was in excellent condition.  We reduced our price by 20000. to get our offer.  We did have another offer that fell thru after being off the market all summer. Our offer was for 5000 less then listed price plus 3% for their closing. I am soo happy to have to finally be free of two mortgages there plus rent here and utilites at both states. :)  I have never been so stressed in my life and now I am free!!  Now I just have to lose all the weight from the chocolate I ate to help me carry on. :)

jma,

Sorry for your trouble. Have you talked to your CO to see if there is anything they can do to help you based upon the situation with your child? You're in our prayers.

redi,

I completely advocated self-medicating with chocolate! And I'm thrilled to hear that a place sold without granite countertops. OMG that ought to make the evening news!

Profile picture for redi2

sandi

we live in overland park.  it is kinda hard to adjust to the weather here. brrrr.. :) but other than that I like it here.  My two daughters live here so it is nice to be close to family again. 

LMAO redi2....i'm still eating the chocolate!

Profile picture for another_dustbunny

Congrats, redi2! :)

I'm still experimenting with cookie medication.  I hope to publish my results in JAMA in the spring unless my behind has gotten so "fluffy" by then from all the research that I no longer fit through the front door.  I suppose I could always email it in...

Profile picture for Ldoone

Congrats! I think by the time my condo sells I'll have eaten all the chocolate in Hershey Pennsylvania...also all the pizza in chicago...and probably all the potato's in Idaho!

I've had 22,460 hits on forsalebyowner...and no takers :(

Ldoone,

I propose that when we ALL sell, we schedule ourselves a spa weeked at the Hershey Spa. I hear its really nice and what's not to love about someone smearing you with warm chocolate? Talk about aromatherapy! That would do my stress level a lot of good.

sounds like heaven on earth to me sas!

oh, if only we could all sell.

Profile picture for redi2

I was beginning to think we would never sell. So if we can so can you!!! 

From your mouth to God's ear! Hey if those buyers have relatives who'd like a place nearby.....Point them in my direction.

hey sas,

have you been hitting all the major real estate sites with your condo?

Profile picture for Luv2cook

Redi - congratulations!!!  It is a great feeling that I hope everyone gets to have VERY soon!!!  You are in OP, Kansas???  My husband's brother and family live there....and I just got a new job that the company is based in OP.  Yep, it be cold in Kansas!!!  (Lovin my So-Cal life)

Profile picture for sandi9411

My dear LUV, I have a GREAT house for sale in KC, MO.  It's not that far to drive to OP and you get much more house for your money across the state line!  Schools are great, taxes are cheaper, airport is CLOSE.  What more can I say!   Really now, good luck on your move to OP.  If I can help, let me know and I'll try to point you in a somewhat right direction. 

Profile picture for pinksandbaby

lol adb!  That's what my OB/GYN called me when I was preggo... "Fluffy"  LMAO

Profile picture for another_dustbunny

My mum says her, um, Rubenesque kitty is fluffy and that anyone that calls her fat is likely to get their eyes scratched out, though I'm not sure if it's the cat or my mum who'd be doing the scratching.  I figured if the cat can be deemed "fluffy" than so can my bum.

Profile picture for pinksandbaby

That too funny!

Profile picture for mustsellfarm

Many Congratulations, Redi2   :)

Hi Jmabeus - sorry to hear about your son.   Also sorry that you are forced to take such a huge loss on your sale.  There's a lot of great information and networking on Zillow, hopefully someone can offer you more information on the short sale.   It's been discussed a bit in other threads if you have the time to read them.  

PS:  Many many thanks for helping to protect our country!!!  

Everybody.... count me in for the Hershey Spa!    YUM!

Cher,

Yep I am on all the major sites - my guardian angel, mpal, did that for me one day and within hours I had a contact. I actually got an email today that someone else has contacted my FSBO agent/company and was given my contact info - I've been dismantling Christmas all morning and having a "hurricane mitigation" inspection done so I haven't checked my vm yet but will do it now. Very excited that finally there is a contact from them.

Profile picture for pub123

good luck sas

Im havin an OH started at 11 and so far handed out 3 fliers and had 1 person take a look inside. Yesterday had 1 take a look inside and haded out 6 fliers.

The new public works projects that were approved in Miami may ultimately help sell your place, but not for a while until the construction gets under way. Wish I had better news for you. I never heard back from your friend. Hope you at least had a nice Christmas and New Year!

Profile picture for pub123

I hope WE sell soon that way we both can move to our dream homes in TN. Im not sure what project that you re talking about. As far as my friend hes one of those thats waitin to see.. have you checked out craigslist miami theres a few lookin for a condo

Pub,

take a look at the news story on this link

http://www.local10.com/news/14887449/detail.html

Profile picture for Luv2cook

LoL - I'm not moving to Overland Park - my new job's company is based in OP.  We did think about it seriously over the summer.  Dh even interviewed with a company there, but it was a no.  So his job is more secure here and our oldest dd is in college here so here we will stay.

1. 1
  2. 2